Before we get too far into the new year, I thought it might be nice to compile a few of my favorite songs from 2013. As with the Best of Beck that I posted last week, these songs are currently my favorites. If I made this same playlist tomorrow, it might be completely different. At the very least, I have over 50 songs in my own personal 2013 playlist, so I put together an hour’s worth of the best material for this first “volume”.
For this first collection of songs, I decided that I would choose no more than one song per artist, and tried to pick a few favorites that I consider a little more obscure. A couple of the standout tracks include Tears For Fears covering Arcade Fire, as well as the first new Pulp song in years.
The Best of 2013 — Volume One
1. Dent May – Born Too Late
2. The Black Angels – Don’t Play With Guns
3. Tears For Fears – Ready To Start
4. Arcade Fire – Normal Person
5. Blood Orange – You’re Not Good Enough
6. Disclosure – When A Fire Starts To Burn
7. Beck – I Won’t Be Long
8. Pulp – After You
9. TV on the Radio – Mercy
10. Alpine – Gasoline
11. Parquet Courts – Stoned and Starving
12. Man Man – Hold On To Your Heart
13. Of Montreal – Colossus
14. Vampire Weekend – Hannah Hunt
15. Courtney Barnett – Avant Gardener
16. In The Valley Below – Peaches
2013 was a decent year for music. I plan on posting more of these yearly-compilation playlists over the next few months.